Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

tipper1

Wow nice arkmaker ,need the shades  8)

1377x

Quote from: turrrrdle on February 07, 2013, 07:04:13 AM
thankyou :-*
my dremel recently took a dirt nap, but you have inspired me with this idea. i started with a peice of 100 grit roled up tight and started spinning it. then added a drill bit inside the paper. then went to a larger drill bit couple more times until the transfer port was about 5/32 i think. not sure i looked for the stamp only see 5/ ???. the drill bit also fits good in the valve hole. only 1 probablem with it now is the valve hole isnt centered in the opening. it is a little forward. the front side of the valve hole is flush with the oring from the factory. i pumped it once and looked like maybe the headspace is pushing the valve back a hair but not enough to center it. i was wondering if i should give the valve a pump and then pin it or is there a better way to fix this?
im a little late to the party but if you havent changed anything open up the exhaust ports that should line things back up ;)
mine is opened up to 11/64  no blockages
closed mouths dont get fed

1377x

Quote from: BigErn on February 08, 2013, 11:19:01 PM
Thanks WD, I use the Dremel brand polishing compound. I started using a wire brush to take the paint off, then sandpaper from 220-1200 grit, then polish with the Dremel and compound. Took me about 2.5 hours for that piece. I even polished the bottom  :o  Going to change the black screw to an allen head bolt and done!
i use sandpaper now for polishing then the dremel then flitz as the final polish makes metal shine real nice
good job big ern
and tipper you did a great job bringing that old classsic back to life

i dont know if i mentioned it already but i was inspired by ped's heat shrink wrap on his fine shooter so i ended up doing some of my ldc's in black heat shrink came out perty good not the same stuff ped used but it is sure is a heck ofa lot easier than paintind them.the heat shrink also adds some bump protection along with taking some of the ping out :-*
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Finally got my off brand Outdoorsman stock fitted. Now for the fore-stock! PIA for sure. I am no wood worker  ;D
First pic of it on a standard 2240 trigger frame. Second pic on a 1701P trigger frame.
Still need to re-stain and seal. You can see my botched attempt at stippleing. So bad! Seemed easy enough, but I will need a bunch more practice. Next time on a scrap piece of wood.

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bgmcgee

I'm sure it will be quite nice when you're done. What are you going to finish it with? I'm a big fan of tung oil,I did my dad's Benjamin and my Sheridan with it am real happy with the results.

tipper1

Hey 1377x nice call on the sp1 very nice works great  :-*

ped

nice work on the hammer carl :-*, be good to see what results such a light hammer gives
your brake is the finest i've seen arkmaker 8)
i've also used tung oil and had good results
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

quickster47 †

Quote from: arkmaker on February 11, 2013, 12:10:02 AM
Finally got my off brand Outdoorsman stock fitted. Now for the fore-stock! PIA for sure. I am no wood worker  ;D

Rich when you say off brand, who made the stock for you?  I am presuming that it is not the Crosman piece although it looks identical.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

I got the stock in a box lot deal. Lots of good stuff. It is made by Tree Rat Hunter. Just needed some fitting to frame. The fore stock will need to have the ID opened up a hair as well.

I was thinking of straining with a Honey Pine and then use Tung oil on top of it. I did the same with my 114 using dark walnut stain and it came out great.

Thanks for the comment on the brake, makes me feel good!

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Davio

I made some gun stands awhile back.  Chongman told me some he liked on Ebay and I went by that.  They were okay.  Did the job, I suppose.  Chongman got one for pointing them out to me and I kept the other ones around a few weeks until they sold.  After they were gone, I realized I needed some more... and I mean for me.  :-[ ... Bunch of nice guns laying around like boneless chickens.  Disgusting, I tell you.   ;D

So, what is it I did not like about the others?  Simply that they did not hold the front of OUR guns like I want them to.  Our top heavy guns with scopes and then the 13xx with their pump arms all the way out to the barrel...

So these new ones are much less likely to tip all the way over if the gun gets bumped.  You have to insert the 22xx or 13xx into the hole.  The best fit for the 22xx is to put the barrel band in the cradle.  On the 13xx you can put them anywhere on the pump arm as you like.

The acrylic is 3/8" thick.  The cradles are felted.  The wood is hickory.  The joining method is epoxy.

Hope you like.  Oh, and please excuse the dust in the pictures.  The cleaning lady went to bed hours ago.  ;)

Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

bgmcgee

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

chongman

Once again, that "gotta have" feeling is all over me  ;D

Very well done my friend and I look forward to scoring one if I can beat the stampede  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

WyoMan

Good design Davio  :-* I need something like that too  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance